April 1, 2011

Let's get physical, physical...

With swimsuit season upon us, and a little Bitty that loves the water, I need to get back in shape. Thanks to good genes, (you know, the Asian ones) I have always been rather thin and petite.  I still am, however, my weight has now shifted into uncomfortable places like dripping from the edges of my pre-pregnancy jeans. No longer a muffin top, it's now graduated into a full muffin drip. And it's time to take control.

So I'm starting the Tracy Anderson Method, which, if you are unfamiliar, is the same workout routine done by Gweneth Paltrow, Madonna, etc. She believes in high reps (like 100) and no more than 3 pound weights to build lean muscle rather than bulk up.  The cardio is some kind of tribal dance that I am much too uncoordinated to follow but it's fun and gets me moving.  Strength training relies mostly on your own body weight for resistance so it's a good thing I gained that extra 5 lbs recently.  And she doesn't talk too much like those annoying guys on other videos (ahem, P90X).  I'm only two days in, but I'm sticking to it and using any of the swimsuits below as motivation!  Especially #4...

1 2 3 4 5

Do you have any good workout routines or advice?  
And share your favorite songs to get you moving too!
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails