April 3, 2011

Sweatin' {with} the Oldies

via

I am on day 4 of the 30-day Tracy Anderson Method and so far I. Love. It.  When I start working out after a long hiatus, I have a tendency to jump right in like I never stopped.  This of course means sore muscles and a lot of complaining for the next three days, followed by another shorter hiatus before stepping foot into the gym again.  Then a full workout, sore muscles, a long break....and so the cycle goes...

I broke this cycle before I was pregnant and had a solid, steady relationship with the gym and treadmill.  I was almost back down to my ideal shape when a little Bean interrupted my progress.  I told myself I would be back on track immediately after he was born.  Twelve months later, I still don't even see the track.

But the past four days, I've changed my habits.  I started slowly, not pushing myself too far.  I enjoyed the workout so much that I did it again the next day.  And since the 30-day Method is broken into 10 day segments, it's easy to tell yourself that you only have a few more days of this workout.  The video is understated, no obnoxious instructors with their cheesy commentary, moves are not too complicated, and all you need is a mat and some space.

This is now starting to sound like an infomercial (but wait, there's more! If you order in the next 30 minutes and mention...).  I swear, I've received nothing for this post, except sweat and a little bit of the good-kind-of-sore glute muscles.

I'm just saying, summer's around the corner and we're not 20 anymore.  (Thank God for that, but could we have kept our 20 yr old metabolism?)

Who else is on a countdown-to-summer-workout?

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Haha! I'm the exact same way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails