February 22, 2011

Bell bottom blues

I took inspiration from my own post and dug out the high rise, wide leg Sevens I bought a couple season's ago.  These jeans are ridiculously soft and comfortable, so I'm uber excited to be wearing them this spring. 


We were having random spring-like weather over the weekend, so I threw on a heathered oatmeal tee, stacked some bangles, a clear ring and owl necklace.  Because I'm a munchkin, I can't wear a wide leg without heels, and these heels are straight out of the 70's so I they're forever married to these jeans.


Make it work for you:
  • Sandals like these, on sale (and maybe not such a wide leg jean unless you're over 5'6")
  • A darker wash would make it dressier.  Add a blazer for work.
  • Sweater.  Winter is back so if I wear this again this weekend (probably definitely will), I'll add a chunky knit cardigan like this one (also on sale for $24)
  • Turtleneck or fitted long-sleeve top
  • A wrap bracelet like this one, rather than a stack of bangles so you don't have to hear them all day long

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails