December 9, 2010

Rustic Chic

Oh. Emm. Gee.  I have found the home where I will live and die forever.  Or at least for today.  Elle Decor featured this house in Ketchum, Idaho and I never knew I would love a mountain home this much.  It's rustic and modern, clean and warm, giant and cozy, and big enough to avoid cabin fever in the cold, snowy months of winter in Idaho. 

How's this for a great room?  This is the dining room portion of the great room - don't you love the steel bookcases and gigantic chandelier?
 

This is where I will cook all of my warm, stick-to-your-bones, comfort foods to keep us fat for the winter.



Not that I intend to have four children, but if I had this house, I would need to fill it, so this wall of bunk beds is perfect!  Or, maybe it's just for the guests and kids' sleepovers...

I don't know if it's the thought of all the snow outside of this mountain home, but I am cold just thinking of bathing here.  I'm going to pretend the floors are heated so bath time can be year-round.
all images via

So what do you think?  Would you come visit me?  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails