October 16, 2010

An ode to the LBD

Oh, little black dress, how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways...
Charolette Russe $34.50

I love you with a string of pearls
NY & Co $24.95

I love you with a little wrap
Banana Republic $98

I love you with my 5-inch heels
Vince Camuto $98
 I love you with a little cap
Calvin Klein $128

Every one needs a basic black dress in their wardrobe.  If you opt for a sleeveless sheath dress (like the one above), you can wear it year round a million different ways:  with a scarf or wrap and nude heels (to make your legs look like they go on forever) in the spring; with sandals in the summer; with a black turtleneck and brown suede boots in the fall;  and with a chunky sweater, knit tights and tall riding boots in the winter.  Accessory changes will keep the dress looking fresh every season.  Invest in one great dress, or buy a dozen different styles.  Black will always be the new black.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I have a hard time with LBDs... I have one but I can never figure out what I should wear with it! It should be easy but I find dresses hard to style..

CLOTHED MUCH, a modest fashion blog

Finley said...

Elaine,
I find it hard to believe you can't figure out what to wear with something! :) How about boots and scarf to dress it down? Wear a blazer and make it work as a skirt?

Anonymous said...

Fab, fab, fab! LOVE this post! So clever and your styling is spot on! More, please....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails