|image via J. Crew catalog|
You may have seen this look for a while now, or this may be completely new to you, but socks with heels are not just for your 80-yr-old grandmother.
This is a tricky look for people, but done right, it can make an outfit more fun and modern. Here are some tips to help you pull this look off:
- Pick thin (nylon, cashmere, silk) ankle socks to wear with heels. If you wear a thicker sock, wear a heavier shoe, like a wedge, clog or desert boot.
- Make sure it hits at the top, or thinnest part, of your ankle for the most flattering look.
- A neutral color sock or one the color of your shoe is the easiest, but you can also mix it up.
- Wear something short on top - at least above the knee or shorter - so you don't end up looking like your mee-maw with her long granny skirt and the hem of her slip sticking out of the bottom.
- You can also wear an over-the-knee sock with a flat shoe or boot, unless it reminds you too much of your prep-school days and getting smacked in the knuckles with a ruler.