October 11, 2011

{Chic Eats} Pesto portobello burger

(I forgot to take my own picture because I was so hungry!) image

This was such an easy "fast food" weekend lunch and my 19-mo old loved it. I'll admit, I don't eat veggie burgers. I don't really see the point of a burger if it's not dripping with medium-rare ground sirloin beef. But this looked so effortless and had me at "pesto".  Here's how I made it:

Ingredients:
10 min total prep and cook time, 30 minutes wandering aimlessly around grocery store
  • Hamburger buns
  • Portobello mushroom caps
  • Prepared pesto (or make your own)
  • Onion
  • Gouda cheese (optional)
1. Wash and dry mushroom caps
2. Brush olive oil or melted butter on caps
3. Grill mushroom and sliced onions for approx 5 min per side
4. Toast buns (if desired)
5. Add cheese on mushroom caps (optional)
6. Remove from grill, spread pesto on buns, add mushroom, onion and cheese.

It's quite juicy, so be prepared with napkins. I left out the tomatoes and cheese and used lots of pesto. Easy, good, and I don't have to unbutton my jeans after this burger.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails