July 11, 2011

The Hangover

I had a little too much fun on our date night this weekend.  What can I say, momma needed a night out!  To be clear, our "night out" these days means we are back home by 10pm.  Sometimes, when I'm feeling extra crazy, we may stay out til 10:30.  I know that seems a little wild for those of you that wake up to tigers in your bathtub, but that's just how we roll.

So this weekend was one of the late nights, but we still managed to get home in time to catch Weekend Update on SNL.  (I was actually in bed by the time it started but I could hear the music and see Seth Myers' smile in my head.) You know you're getting old when your night ends just as the baby sitter's night begins. *le sigh*


How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Anna said...

Hahaaha we did the same on our most recent wedding anniversary - went out - shared a pitcher of sangria and were completely tipsy! Does one's tolerance for alcohol just diminish as soon as we have children? i wonder if there has been a scientific study done about that.

Juggling in Heels said...

Story of my life! If I am out until 12 am, it was a CRAZY night....sad :( But, it is so need to let loose every now and then. Glad you got to enjoy REAL adult time! And BTW: that Berry/Vanilla infused vodka lemonade looks delish!

Sarah

www.jugglinginheels.blogspot.com

Finley said...

Anna - happy anniversary! I think one's tolerance diminishes as soon as one graduates from college...it must be nature's way of telling us it's time to get to work. ;)

Sarah - there's not enough REAL adult time! There were several vodkas and gins infused with different things and then they would mix it with whatever we wanted. Gin was a basil/cucumber/lime (I think) mix with tonic (very fresh)! But the berry vodka lemonade was SO good and the vanilla just gave it an extra dimension. Mmmmm...I'm ready for another! #whenmommyisalush

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails