June 9, 2011

Backyard blues

You know how I mentioned here that my backyard is pouting?  Well, after a recent visit to a new friend's house, my backyard isn't just pouting, it's giving me the finger.  I'm trying to find some garden inspiration, but I'm not finding a lot online that's in between a complete oasis and a few boring plants.  Do you have any suggestions?

I don't need a total backyard retreat, I would just like a lush, green lawn.  Maybe one that's emo, so it would cut itself.  (Just kidding, people.)  And maybe some strung lights like these:




Don't strung lights just make you happy?  Perhaps if I draw all the attention up, people won't notice my yard is dead and they're stepping in dog poo.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I just said last night to my Mr. that we need to string lights in the backyard when it is finished. Ours has been 'giving us the finger' (love that!) since we moved in two years ago. It's getting better slowly, so maybe it's a half finger now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails