May 24, 2011

{DIY} West Elm rug


What a cool DIY idea for anyone with a little creativity and a lot of patience.  Using the inspiration photo above from West Elm, this crafty lady printed a stencil she found online, bought an IKEA rug, spent TWO DAYS painting it, and now has a nifty new rug for a fraction of the cost.  (Yeah, I just used the word 'nifty' like I'm a grandmother.)

 images via

I think it turned out pretty well, don't you?  If only I had her patience and could spare an area in my house to work on a project like this.  Unfortunately, it would probably end up with giant paw prints all over it.  Maybe that's our new decor theme?
 

2 comments:

Pudel-design said...

Thank you so much for showing my DIY to your readers;)
That really made my day;)
Thank you so much!
Yes, I used indoor wall paint.
I`m your latest follower!
Lovely greetings...:)

Shy said...

this is such a cool DIY but I think I'd get board half way through! haha That does look like it takes alot of patience but the finished product is pretty nice!

Shy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails