December 9, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

 
via 1 2 3

To say that the last few weeks have been insane doesn't begin to describe it. Not only were we all knocked out for three weeks with a death-cold and one small double-ear infection, but it's holiday season, which means that people use the excuse: "can you help me pick out some gifts" as code for "maybe we'll just peek at a few things for me".

And by the way, can I just say as a first-time parent who is never sick, having a busy toddler when you have a cold is a cruel joke from nature. I even shared my drinks and purposefully sneezed in his face in hopes of him catching it and slowing him down for a couple of days, but it seems my attempted assault on his immune system kept him unfazed. (I really didn't, CPS.)

We've all recovered and are now ready to fully enjoy the holiday festivities. This is my favorite time of the year and I'm extra excited to see it through the eyes of an almost (*sniff*) 2 year old.

BTW - big THANKS to Juggling in Heels for the sweet award! 
I'm looking for my picks, but in the meantime, 
check out her blog to see the other lucky recipients!

2 comments:

Juggling in Heels said...

Ugh, I just picked up a cold and I am NOT happy about it. Glad you guys are all feeling better. Don't worry, your motherhood immunities will build up and pretty soon a child will throw up on you and you will stay healthy (gross, I know, but true).

And obviously you deserved the award! Duh!

Happy Holidays!

courtney - larking. said...

Poor you -- glad you're over being sick, finally! Looking forward to some stylish holiday posts from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails