Is this how you feel about your wardrobe? Time for a new year's clean out.
What things in your closet should you purge?
- Anything you haven't worn in a year, unless it's for a specific special occasion
- Anything too tight or too big or otherwise ill-fitting
- Anything you have to think too hard about to make an outfit
- Anything you can't make three different looks with
- ANYTHING maternity - unless you are actually pregnant or recent pregnant; otherwise, please stop wearing maternity jeans "because they're comfortable"
- Anything that your teenage daughter, niece, or Miley Cyrus would wear
What other rules do you have for getting rid of old items?
*PS - Please donate whenever you can! Think of all the families shopping at Goodwill or Salvation Army around the holidays and how happy your relatively new things will make them. If it's not in great condition (i.e. stains, holes, etc), look into your local animal shelter or rescue group. You can donate old sheets and towels for all the sad, shivering dogs in the animal shelter or some rescue groups use old t-shirts to pad their puppy crates.